Below is a listing of events happening in March at Escambia County community centers and athletic parks. For more information, please contact the individual listed by each event. For a complete listing of Escambia County parks and community centers including locations and amenities, click here.
Ashton Brosnaham Athletic Park
10370 Ashton Brosnaham Drive, Pensacola
- Fixed on Fitness: Monday-Thursday 4:45-5:45 p.m. Contact: Shana Brown, 850-982-1135, fixedonfitness.com
Barrineau Park Community Center
6055 Barrineau Park School Road, Molino
- Bluegrass music night and dinner: Friday, March 3, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Cost: $6 per plate. Contact: Craig Exner, 850-587-5389
Beulah Senior Citizens Center
7425 Woodside Road, Pensacola
- COA Senior Dining Program: Every Monday-Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Contact: Carloyn Merrill, 850-261-7934
- Bingo: Wednesdays and Fridays
- Ceramics: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Dominoes: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Puzzles: Mondays-Thursdays
Byrneville Community Center
1701 County Road 4A, Century
- Dance classes for children: Every Monday-Thursday. Contact: Heather Leonard, 850-529-1358
Carver Park Resource Center
208 Webb St., Cantonment
- Legal Services of North Florida free legal advice: Every Friday from noon-4 p.m., Contact: 850-432-8222
Davisville Community Center
10200 FL-97, Century
- Cheerleading classes for children: Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Contact: Ashley Salter, 251-363-9772
Dorrie Miller Community Center
2819 N. Miller St., Pensacola
- The Extra Mile Youth Program: Mondays-Thursdays, 3-6 p.m. Contact: Evelyn Forbes, 850-346-4839
Ebonwood/Oakcrest Community Center
3511 W. Scott St., Pensacola
- Senior Program: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contact: Leroy Williams, 850-426-1156
Felix Miga/Wesco Senior Citizens Center
904 N. 57th Ave., Pensacola
- Bunco Games: Mondays and Fridays from 9:30-11 a.m. Members and guest.
- Chair Exercise: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. Members only.
- Tai Chi Classes: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. Members only.
- Hand and Foot Card Games: Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to noon
- Bingo: Wednesdays from 12:30-2 p.m. Members and guest. Contact: Lois Lindt, 850-453-7431
- Pinochle: Wednesdays from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Members only.
- Neighborhood Watch Program: First Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Open to those who want assistance with crime and other concerns in their neighborhoods. Features guest speakers and more.
- Line Dance Class: Thursdays from noon to 1:30 p.m. Free to members; guests or visitors are a requested $3 donation.
- Mexican Train Games: Fridays from 12:15-3:30 p.m. Members only.
- Monthly Pick and Grin: First and third Fridays of each month from 6-9 p.m. Members and guest. Free coffee, snacks, dancing, fellowship and entertainment by Curtis Hall and the Wesco Stage Band.
- Senior Night Outing: March 3, 17 and 24 from 6-9 p.m. Members and guest. Free coffee, snacks, dancing and fellowship, with entertainment provided by James Thompson and the Country Classics Band.
- Thrift store open Monday-Friday from 8:30-11 a.m. Third Thursday of the month is dollar bag sale day (items cannot exceed the top of the bag). Contact: Lois Lindt, 850-453-7431
- Pool room open Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to noon. Members only.
- Library open Mondays from 9-11 a.m. and Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon. Members only.
- Exercise room open Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to noon. Members only.
- Monthly board meeting: Thursday, March 9, 1:30 p.m.
- Speaker/seminar on dignity, funeral and cremation: Wednesday, March 1, 10 a.m. Featuring speaker from Bayview Funeral Home. Open to the public.
- Smoky Mountain trip interest meeting: Saturday, March 4, 10 a.m. Deposits due to hold reservation (check or money order; no cash). Open to all interested in attending.
- Seminar/speaker from First Light Home Care: Monday, March 6, 11 a.m. Learn about health care, procedures, caring for seniors in the home responsibly and more.
- Monthly luncheon: Saturday, March 11, 11 a.m. Members are required to bring a covered dish; guests are asked to make a $5 donation to help cover the meal.
- Presentation on Medicare and Medicaid: Wednesday, March 15, 9:30 a.m. Information on drug cost and savings, availability of medications, care and other items. Free and open to the public.
- Mission in motion health care screening: Wednesday, March 22 from 9-11:30 a.m. Arrive early to sign in and fill out paperwork. First come, first served.
- Yard sale and bake sale vendor setup: Friday, March 31 from noon to 2 p.m. Vendors will be able to set up tables for the yard sale and bake sale Saturday, April 1 at 7 a.m. Table rental is $5 plus tax for the sales per table. All proceeds from the table rentals and bake sale will go to the center's needs for membership events and activities.
Marie K. Young/Wedgewood Community Center
6405 Wagner Road, Pensacola
- Council on Aging Senior Feeding Program: Mondays-Fridays, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Contact: Contact: Gus Grace, 850-471-6137
- Hugs to Heaven Grief, Bereavement and Mourning Counseling: by appointment only. Contact: Gus Grace, 850-471-6137
- Play, Learn, Grow After School Program: Mondays-Fridays, 3-5:30 p.m. Contact: Shurlitha Jones, 850-426-1234
- Play, Learn, Grow spring break program: Monday, March 20 through Friday, March 24, noon to 5:30 p.m. Grades K-12. Registration required. Contact: Shurlitha Jones, 850-426-1234, email@example.com
Molino Community Center
6450 Highway 95A North, Molino
- GED classes: Every Monday and Thursday. Contact: 850-587-5011
- Pensacola Habitat for Humanity monthly community meeting, March 8th 6pm-7pm
- Zumba dance class every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.