Below is a listing of events happening in August at Escambia County community centers and athletic parks. For more information, please contact the individual listed by each event. For a complete listing of Escambia County parks and community centers including locations and amenities, click here
Ashton Brosnaham Athletic Park
10370 Ashton Brosnaham Drive, Pensacola
- Washington High School Girl's Soccer Camp, Aug. 4-6, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Contact: Kenny Morgan, 850-232-8680
- Fixed on Fitness: Monday-Thursday, 4:45-5:45 p.m. Contact: Shana Brown, 850-982-1135, fixedonfitness.com
Barrineau Park Community Center
6055 Barrineau Park School Road, Molino
- Bluegrass music night and dinner: Friday, Aug. 4, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Cost: $6 per plate. Contact: Craig Exner, 850-587-5389
Beulah Senior Citizens Center
7425 Woodside Road, Pensacola
Brent Athletic Park
- COA Senior Dining Program: Every Monday-Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Contact: Carloyn Merrill, 850-261-7934
- Bingo: Wednesdays and Fridays
- Ceramics: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Dominoes: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Puzzles: Mondays-Thursdays
4711 N. W St., Pensacola
- Kickstart Soccer Camp, Aug.1-3, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Contact: Pensacola Sports, 850-434-2800
Brownsville Community Resource Center
3200 W. DeSoto St., Pensacola
- Celebrating Brownsville Arts and Cultural Festival: Saturday, Aug. 5, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free admission, free food, art exhibition, live entertainment, local vendors and artisans. Free children's activities, blood drive and music from local band "The Truth featuring Cat Rhodes." Contact: Lily Blackburn, 850-595-3585, myescambia.com/brownsville or facebook.com/celebratingbrownsville
Carver Park Resource Center
208 Webb St., Cantonment
- Legal Services of North Florida free legal advice: Every Friday from noon-4 p.m., Contact: 850-432-8222
- Computer Training Classes: Aug. 8 and Tuesday, Aug. 22 at 6 p.m.
- Summer Feeding Program: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Free to children under 18. Contact: Josh Womack, 850-393-9870
Davisville Community Center
10200 FL-97, Century
- Cheerleading classes for children: Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Contact: Ashley Salter, 251-363-9772
Felix Miga/Wesco Senior Citizens Center
904 N. 57th Ave., Pensacola
Marie Ella Davis Park and Community Center
- Bunco Games: Mondays from 9:30-11 a.m. Members and guest.
- Chair Exercise: Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30-9 a.m. Members only.
- Tai Chi Classes: Tuesdays from 9-10 a.m. Members only.
- Bingo: Wednesdays from 12:30-2 p.m. Members and guest. Contact: Lois Lindt, 850-453-7431. Bring lunch for fellowship at 11 a.m. Free coffee and sodas while playing bingo.
- Library Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon. Members only. The library is now closed on Thursdays.
- Neighborhood Watch Program: First Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Open to those who want assistance with crime and other concerns in their neighborhoods. Features guest speakers and more.
- Line Dance Class: Thursdays from noon to 1:30 p.m. Members and guest. Beginner class from 12-12:30 p.m. Free to members; donation requested from guests.
- Line Dance at USO building on main Navy base: Saturday, Aug. 5 at 2 p.m. Dress is casual and comfortable. Members only.
- Monthly Officer and Board Member Meeting: Thursday, Aug. 10 at 1:30 p.m.
- Thrift store open Monday-Friday from 8:30-11 a.m. Third Thursday of the month is dollar bag sale day (Includes purses, clothing and shoes. Items cannot exceed the top of the bag). Contact: Lois Lindt, 850-453-7431
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to noon (some holidays excluded).
16 Raymond St., Pensacola
- Warrington Youth Flight Academy, Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ages 10 and up. Contact: Navarro Jackson, 850-483-2597
- Fun Day at the Park: Saturday, Aug. 12 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bounce house, hot dogs, snacks, drinks and a special appearance from the Escambia County Sheriff's Office Mounted Unit. Presented by Warrington Neighborhood Watch.
Marie K. Young/Wedgewood Community Center
6405 Wagner Road, Pensacola
- Council on Aging Senior Feeding Program: Mondays-Fridays, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Contact: Contact: Gus Grace, 850-471-6137 or email@example.com
- Hugs to Heaven Grief, Bereavement and Mourning Counseling: by appointment only. Contact: Gus Grace, 850-471-6137 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quintette Community Center
2490 Quintette Lane, Cantonment
- Summer Feeding Program: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free lunch, activities and games for children in the community. Ends Wednesday, Aug. 9.
- Back to School Bash: Sunday, Aug. 6, 2:30-5:30 p.m. Free school supplies, food and games.