Escambia County Building Services is switching to a new online permitting system, MyGovernmentOnline, Monday, Dec. 11. Contractors or anyone wishing to utilize online permitting services in the future such as applying and paying for permits, submitting plans, tracking permit progress, requesting inspections, viewing reports and receiving notifications, must set up a new user account.
To create a MyPermitNow account:
- Go to MyPermitNow.org.
- Click on the GREEN customer portal icon.
- In the upper right-hand corner click “create account”.
- Please be sure to read the “Important” notice at the top of the page referencing a verification phone call.
- Fill out your customer information as directed and click “create account”.
- Answer the verification phone call that you receive and press “1”.
- Your account will be created and you will receive a customer ID number upon login to your account.
Some features, such as the online inspection scheduling, will not be available until mid-January. Until that time, customers will need to use the Automated IVR Phone System by calling 850-595-0881. You will need the customer ID number established when you set up your MyPermitNow account (steps listed above).
Information on permits in progress and historical permit information can be found in the new system.
If you need any assistance pertaining to the use of the MyGovernmentOnline software, please call the technical support line at 1-866-957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The agents can assist with any software related questions.
For more information, please contact Escambia County Building Services at 850-595-3550 or email@example.com.