Escambia County Building Services is offering training classes for contractors and citizen builders in January on the new permitting system, MyGovernmentOnline. The free training course will be held Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Thursday, Jan. 18 at 9 a.m. at the Central Office Complex, located at 3363 West Park Place. These classes replace the previously advertised Monday, Jan. 15 classes that have been canceled due to the observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
The course will cover how to utilize all of MyGovernmentOnline's services, which will fully launch in mid-January, including how to:
- Apply online for permits
- Pay permit fees online with Visa and MasterCard
- Submit plans and documents “paperless” in PDF format
- Track application progress up to permit issuance
- View and print copies of review comment letters
- View and print copies of approved building plans
- Request inspections online (currently available through customer portal)
- View and print completed inspection reports
- Receive real-time email or telephone call notifications when an inspection is completed
Contractors and citizen-builders are encouraged to create a free portal account now at MyGovernmentOnline.org. For more information, please contact Escambia County Building Services at 850-595-3550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.