Escambia County Building Services offered training classes for contractors and citizen builders on Tuesday, Jan. 16 and Thursday Jan. 18, on the new permitting system, MyGovernmentOnline. The free training courses were held at the Central Office Complex, located at 3363 West Park Place and attendance of all three classes totaled more than 250 people.
Using the portal will provide both monetary and time savings for contractors. In the area of time savings, the contractors will be able to submit applications to the county without traveling to a permit office and will have a faster permit issuance time. The second savings opportunity is monetary, as the new system will not require contractors to print multiple sets of plans and applications. Additionally, the system also cuts out the contractor's expense of paying for notary services.
The courses covered how to utilize all of MyGovernmentOnline's services, which has now fully launched, including how to:
- Apply online for permits
- Pay permit fees online with Visa and MasterCard
- Submit plans and documents “paperless” in PDF format
- Track application progress up to permit issuance
- View and print copies of review comment letters
- View and print copies of approved building plans
- Request inspections online (currently available through customer portal)
- View and print completed inspection reports
- Receive real-time email or telephone call notifications when an inspection is completed
Contractors and citizen-builders are encouraged to create a free portal account now at MyGovernmentOnline.org and can watch a free tutorial video on how to navigate the site here. For more information, please contact Escambia County Building Services at 850-595-3550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.