Escambia County Fire Rescue proudly operates as a combination fire department, utilizing the talents and diversities of volunteer and career firefighting personnel. Volunteer firefighters operate out of nine districts throughout Escambia County, while career firefighters operate out of 14 districts throughout Escambia County. Thirteen of the career companies are staffed 24 hours a day. Escambia County Fire Rescue also offers other emergency services such as hazardous material response, special operations and ALS non-transport.
Fire Rescue Crew Responses
- Responded to 6,289 calls for fire suppression,1,044 of which were structure fires.
- Responded to 7,751 calls for medical emergencies and motor vehicle accidents.
- Responded to 1,748 incidents of false alarm system or sprinkler activations.
- Responded to 26 weather-related incidents.
- 844 smoke detectors installed in homes at no cost to the homeowners.
Fire Marshal Office
- Building Plans Reviewed - 160
- Development Review Committee Plans Reviewed - 259
- Fire System Permits Issued - 381
- Fire Safety Inspections/Permits - 832
- Annual Fire Safety Inspections - 1,440