- Wet flood proofing - Make uninhabited areas of your home resistant to flood damage when water is permissible to the building.
- Dry flood proofing - Sealing the home to prevent waters from entering.
- Levee and flood wall - Constructing barriers to prevent floodwaters from entering the home.
- Elevation - The most common way to avoid flood damage is raising the home so the lowest floor is above the flood level.
- Relocation - Moving the home to higher ground where the exposure to flooding is eliminated.
Any alteration to your structure or land may require a permit. Please call the Building Inspections Division at (850) 595-3550 for further information.