Escambia County relies on its residents for your cooperation and assistance for the following efforts:
- Do not dump or throw anything into the ditches, streams, creeks, or rivers. Dumping is a violation of Escambia Ordinance 42-154. Even grass clippings and branches can accumulate, plug channels, creeks and streams. A blocked channel cannot carry rain or flood water.
- If your property is next to a ditch or stream, please do your part and keep the banks clear of brush and debris. Escambia County maintenance can assist to remove major blockages such as fallen trees.
- If you see dumping or debris in the ditches, please contact Escambia County Public Works Department, (850) 937-2130, or in the City of Pensacola, (850) 435-1755.
- Always check with the Building Inspections Division before you build, alter, re-grade or fill on your property. A permit may be needed to ensure that projects do not cause problems on other properties. Escambia County Building Inspections Division, (850) 595-3550.
- If you see building or construction without a county permit sign posted, contact the Building Inspections Division, (850) 595-3550.