How to Become a Pensacola Beach Lifeguard
Next Scheduled Tryout: Jan. 20, 2018 at 7 a.m.
Lifeguard tryouts will take place at the University of West Florida Aquatic Center, located in Building 72. Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
- The tryout will consist of a 600-yard pool swim in 10 minutes or less and a 1.5-mile run at the UWF track in 12 minutes or less.
- The minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification is preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain a valid Florida driver's license to be hired.
- If you pass the physical tests in the allotted time and meet all of the other requirements, you will be scheduled for an interview.
If selected to be hired, you will receive paid training. Training includes, but is not limited to, successfully passing 80 hours of open water training and emergency medical training.
The minimum requirements are non-negotiable and are conditions of employment.
Starting pay: $14.57/hr.
You must be present at a tryout to be considered for employment. Please bring all certifications with you.
You must apply online before attending the tryout. Please click here to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact
Senior Lifeguard Alexander Johnson